OSAP (Ontario Scholar Recommendations System) is designed to assistance to the training will cost you regarding article-secondary youngsters who are not able to funds school on their own. It’s an effective „needs-based” system designed to enhance the brand new savings that you (plus family unit members or spouse, in the event the appropriate) are expected to help you lead.
Who’s eligible for OSAP?
OSAP can be found in order to Ontario owners that happen to be a great Canadian resident; a permanent Resident of Canada; or a secure Person
* the relationship status; the college you’re planning to; the system away from investigation; your direction weight (you need to be full-time for you are nevertheless eligible for OSAP unless you are students having a long-term impairment – check with Pupil Properties from potential rentals offered); their instructional progress (you need to solution at the very least 60% of your courses you are inserted inside the; the plus family members’ (in which applicable) resources.
* possess defaulted into a previous student loan; failed the financing view; has declared bankruptcy; is actually an international pupil; try understanding towards the an associate-date foundation; otherwise has underestimated your financial tips.
While you are an enthusiastic OSAP pupil that is offered shedding a path because of academic difficulty, we highly recommend you see next as it may feeling what you can do to receive OSAP later:
- Tend to shedding an application otherwise programmes beat one an associate-go out position?
- Can you wanted OSAP inside a future session otherwise academic season?
- Have you got one limits on your own OSAP document (informative probation, financing overawards, an such like?)
If you have responded sure to any of them issues, you ought to explore your situation with among the many professionals for the new Student Financial help Workplace (SFAO).